A daily dose of sunbeam sweetness that focuses on the beautiful and precious gifts found in each day.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

pale, silvery green tree buds, birds flitting about the branches, sunshine streaming in my windows, watching my girls play dress-up (one is Spider-Man, the other is a Ballerina), my son's grin, my husband vacuuming and helping clean the kitchen, my new magenta hoodie-shirt, the blooming geraniums that remind me of my Grandma Y's farmhouse, evergreens waving in the wind, the ice crashing in waves (earlier this week) which sounded like the wind blowing through a thousand trees right outside my window, the scent of my wedding dress as I placed so many of my beautiful dresses from high school into my steamer trunk with it, reminiscing about the times I wore each of those dresses and who I was with.... these are few of my favorite things today.

(but as an aside, I am definitely happier now than I was then!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment